Midday Supervisory Assistant (MDSA)
We are seeking Midday Supervisory Assistants (4 vacancies) to join our friendly school team. The role involves a mixture of supervision of children in the lunch hall and encouraging happy, positive play on the playgrounds (and occasionally in classrooms if it is too wet for outside play.)
- Hours of work: 5 hours per week. Mon-Fri, 12.15pm-1.15pm
- Salary: Grade B, SCP 2 (£11.59 per hour)
- Working pattern: Term-time (38 weeks per year plus paid holiday)
- Contract type: Permanent
- Interview date: TBC
- Commencement date: Immediate start available
It has been the case over the last few years that people filling the role of MDSA have picked up additional hours as occasional cover for Teaching Assistants and, indeed, some have gone on to become Teaching Assistants.
The successful candidate will have to demonstrate that they will be able to:
- Manage behaviour in a positive and constructive manner, in accordance with the school behaviour policy
- Communicate clearly with other school staff
- Respond to a situation involving first aid in accordance with school policy
- Be aware of Health and Safety issues relating to the school premises
- Maintain confidentiality in line with school policy
Completed application forms should be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to Paxcroft Primary School, Ashton Street, Trowbridge, Wiltshire, BA14 7EB.
Paxcroft School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All applicants will be subject to a full Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.