Welcome to Falcon Class! We are Year 5 and 6 children. Our teacher is Mrs Young and our teaching assistant is Mrs Evans.
This term we are going back in time to Ancient Egypt!
Our topic 'Walk like an Egyptian' will focus on the lives and beliefs of this fascinating ancient culture.
Here are some ideas to support learning In this topic:
- Visit a museum
- The British Museum in London
- The Tutankhamun Exhibition in Dorchester
- The Bristol Museum and Art Gallery in Bristol
- A variety of interesting apps are available. Several can be found here.
- Explore writing in hieroglyphs using this hieroglyphic typewriter.
- Challenge yourself to build a pyramid using this online game.
Start reading the fantastic 'Kane Chronicles' series by Rick Riordan.
****Lots of you wanted to know what the virtual reality app was that we used at school to explore Tutankhamun's tomb. It is a free app called 'TutTomb 360'. Details are here for Apple devices. It is also available for Android.****
Our new topic for this term is called 'Big Bangs' and is centred around Earth and Space. We will be exploring scientific aspects such as our Solar System, day and night, the phases of the moon and space exploration. Please find below some links to some online resources to support our learning. The Topic Web gives further detail on all other curriculum areas.